To prevent the further spread of Covid-19 in our communities, the Laurens County Library will remain closed for now. However, beginning Monday, May 18th, the Laurens County Library will
- allow patrons to start returning checked out materials in the outdoor book drops. Due dates and overdue fines will remain suspended until at least June 12th.
- Accept book requests for scheduled curbside pick-up. Once staff have pulled your requests, we will work with you to schedule a time to come pick them up. Patrons can request items available in the Laurens County Library collection by:
- Emailing email@example.com
- Calling 478-272-5710 (9am - 5pm, Mon.-Fri.)
- Placing holds on items themselves by logging into their account on gapines.org. (When placing your own holds online, please be sure to only select titles that are available at the Laurens County Library! Also, please confirm that your account includes a good phone number and email address so we can schedule a pick-up time with you.)
The Laurens County Library will continue to offer these services:
Offer digital access cards so patrons can access our online resources
Help with research, answering questions, and connecting people to online resources by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (478-272-5710, Mon. - Fri., 9am-5pm.)
24/7 wifi in the library’s parking lot.
Our Children’s Librarian, Ms. Jan Moore is posting storytimes every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:30am on our Facebook page. (Check out the video playlist here.)
The staff and I miss you very much, and we are looking forward to finding new ways to serve you during this unprecedented time. Please know that we appreciate your understanding.
Beverly Brown, Director