VOTER’S CHECKLIST – THINGS TO DO BEFORE ELECTION DAY
- Confirm the status of your registration at least 4 weeks prior to the date of the election. Update your registration information, such as address and name. How? Contact the Elections Office at https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP/mvp.do.
- Know how and when to apply for an Absentee Ballot if you are unable to vote in person at your polling place on Election Day or during the Early/Advance Voting Period.
- Know the voter identification requirements before you attempt to vote.
- Know your polling place location and how to get there.
- Familiarize yourself with the voting device used. Learn how the device is accessible to voters with disabilities.
- Learn who can assist in voting and who can receive assistance.
- Know what time the polls open and close; (7am until 7pm)
- Obtain a Sample Ballot from the Elections Office to become acquainted with candidates and issues on the ballot. Access a sample ballot at: www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP/mvp.do.
ACCEPTABLE PHOTO IDENTIFICATION FOR VOTING
- A Georgia Driver’s License (even if expired or suspended).
- Valid State or Federal Government photo ID.
- Valid US Passport with photo.
- Valid Government Employee photo ID (City, County, State or US Government).
- Valid US Military photo ID
- Tribal photo ID
For voting purposes only, a voter who does not have any of the above photo IDs may obtain a Voter Identification Card at NO COST upon providing that they are a Georgia voter, from the Laurens County Board of Registrars’ Office or the Department of Driver Services.
Anyone with additional questions about Georgia’s photo ID requirements may visit www.GAPhotoID.com or call toll free 877-725-9797. Information may also be obtained at the Laurens County Board of Registrars’ Office at 478-272-2841.