The mission of the Laurens County Public Works Department is to ensure our transportation infrastructure is maintained in a manner that allows for safe and efficient travel throughout all of Laurens County.
- Performs maintenance of all County roads and right of ways.
- Makes surface repairs to both paved and dirt County roadways
- Grades all county dirt roads on a 28 day cycle
- Provides maintenance to drainage ditches to allow for positive flow on county roadways.
- Performs right of way maintenance by removing obstructions, cutting back limbs, mowing grass and removal of litter.
- Places and maintains signage along roadways.