Effective Monday, May 18, 2020 we will open our Lobby with the following Restrictions & Guidelines
Due to the COVID-19, we all are having to adjust to try to protect the citizens of our county as well as our own employees. My staff and I are happy to assist you; but we are asking for your cooperation during these trying times. In an attempt to accommodate you, we want to make you aware of the following guidelines:
- Our facility will only allow 3 people into the lobby area at one time. You will be required to wear a mask and must maintain the required 6 foot distancing rule while you are inside the lobby area during this time frame.
- Visitation will not be allowed during this time in order to keep germs down and for the protection of our employees and inmate population.
- Weapons Carrying License applicants must call the Sheriff’s Office switchboard at 478-272-1522 Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to schedule an appointment. Fingerprint Appointments will be available on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Helpful information concerning Georgia’s firearms laws may be found at www.gacarry.org.
- If you do not have a mask you will not be allowed into our facility and will be turned away.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, the jail staff may be delayed in the process as they attend to inmate issues. We ask that you please be patient and courteous. Please know that we are trying to accommodate you as we adjust through this challenging situation.
Thank you for allowing me to serve as your sheriff.
Larry H. Dean