Thunderstorm Safety – Tuesday, Feb. 5
- Thunderstorms are common in Laurens County, and they shouldn’t be underestimated. They can produce strong winds, lightning, tornadoes, hail and flash flooding.
- Remember to tie down loose outdoor items before severe thunderstorms. Postpone outdoor activities and stay inside.
- Severe thunderstorms are defined as thunderstorms that produce 1 inch hail or larger and/or strong wind gusts of 58mph or greater. Severe hail that is 1 inch in diameter is roughly the size of a quarter.
- On day two of Severe Weather Preparedness Week, visit Georgia Ready to learn more about thunderstorms and what to do when watches and warnings are issued in Laurens County.
- Also if you have not already Sign up for Civic Ready through the Laurens County Website. These notifications will keep you aware of immediate danger and also will help with the planning for your family. If you have any additional questions please contact Laurens County Emergency Management at (478) 277-2911.